Milli - a Bio/Math inspired crawling single actuator robot millipede - now with teeth!
From the last post, you may have noticed that I had tried to print some "nodes" as a possible improvement to Milli the millipede. Well, that thought was not as successful as I had hoped. There turned out to be no flexibility and too much tension on the helix. With this in mind, I reopened the milli design and set to work on some design updates:
- Offset the motor
- add a gear reduction to the motor
- add a bearing to main helix mount - to remove force on the motor itself
- try out a new power source
- Add teeth - because we need to add more Nightmare Fuel!!
Ready to Test! Let's get crawling!
|Milli - Robot Millipede on a colorful background
Video on YouTube:
- Onboard 12V power supply
- micro-controller with PWM output
- Motor Driver board
- remote or autonomous operation (Min1 project may come first)